Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Iron Man or Why I hate Robert Downey Jr.


I'm an old school nerd.  I read comics, played video games and listened to music produced by people much angrier than any human has the right to be.  As a nerd I was eagerly awaiting the Iron Man movie.  To sum it up, I wasn't nearly as blown away as everyone else was by this movie.  Roberty Downey does a good job at playing himself...which I hear requires a tremendous effort by any actor...especially when thats all you do.   The action was pretty cool...except for a couple of phantom tank shells...which I hear tend to explode, except when fired at Iron Man.  The plot worked well enough.  Maybe I was just expecting too much from this one.  Maybe it's the fact that I never really got into Iron Man comics.  Maybe it's because I ran out of popcorn 10 minutes into the movie (never split popcorn between more than 3 people).  This movie was a B effort but with the hype of an A movie.  Well at least Samuel Jackson is going to play Nick Fury...which makes sense I hear.

No comments: